Training and Meeting Committee
- Nicolas Gisin, University of Geneva
- Serge Massar, Université Libre de Bruxelles
- Nicolas Cerf, Université Libre de Bruxelles
- Antonio Acin, Institute of Photonic Sciences
- Rob Thew, University of Geneva
- Ian Walmsley, University of Oxford
- Martin Plenio, Imperial College
The QAP Training Committee is launching a new funding initiative, the QAP Partner Exchange Programme, to facilitate the training and mobility of Students and Post-Docs.
The goal is to provide funding and infrastructure for pairs of students and post docs from different QAP partner institutes to spend a few days at each other’s institute as a way of exchanging ideas and competencies and as a networking mechanism for young researchers. QAP Training Committee will fund the costs of these visits, travel, accommodation and meals included.
The scheme is open, not only to researchers being paid directly by QAP but also to those working on QAP projects and paid through other means.
The procedure is straight forward:
· Step 1: Initial Registration –
expression of interest
o Fill in
the excel sheet with:
If you wish, please have a look at the example sheet.
· Step 2: Send it to:
o The QAP Programme Manager: Kamna Pruvost: email@example.com
· Step 3: Wait
o You will be advised of your partner as soon as it is confirmed
i. 1st choice will be respected wherever possible
· Step 4: Organise your visit
o It is the responsibility of the paired partners to organise their respective visits.
i. This is the start of your collaboration. Help one another!
1. Once the QAP Partnership is created, you may start at any convenient time.
2. Several (ideally three full) days will be spent at each institute and the host institute will act as a trainer.
3. At the second, convenient, time, the roles are to be reversed for the other partner at the second institution.
4. After this exchange the QAP Partners should be capable of making a short review on the subject at their own institution upon return.